We are a place of nurturing relationships, compassionate and welcoming, where rights are laid down and responsibilities are picked up, where truth abounds and unconditional love is practiced, and where people are free to be who they are called to be. We cultivate an environment where honor, respect, and accountability will be shown. We walk with the mindset of Christ, seeing each other through His eyes. We are a people of integrity, mercy, and love putting others before ourselves. Our speech is inspired by Holy Spirit; releasing words of life with a language of faith, hope, and love. Our actions are guided by discipline allowing freedom within boundaries of righteousness. Guest will feel loved, welcomed, safe, and free.
The Encounter is a house of prayer.
We will gather regularly to pray corporately and intercede for each other, our church, and our city.
Mission – The mission of Sunday Morning prayer is to pray over the service and for the Holy Spirit to have His way in direction of the service. There is no set agenda other than to be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Time: 9:00 AM every Sunday Morning
Place: Prayer Room (off the main Sanctuary)
TEACHING & PREACHING
We honor the five-fold ministry gifts as given in Ephesians 4:11-13,
recognizing, developing, and functioning within The Encounter and the body of Christ.
We are sons and daughters, modeling Kingdom culture,
following Christ’s example, while continually seeking to serve one another and Kenosha.
Mission – The mission of Preaching and Teaching is to make the word of God alive in our daily walk by the inspiration of 2 Tim 3:16 – All scripture is is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
Time: Sunday Mornings at 10:15am
We are a people of God, created to worship, free to passionately express our love for the Father.
We allow His heart to permeate our individual and corporate lives so that all we do is an act of worship.
We remain open to Holy Spirit and seek to grow in our experience and expression of worship.
Mission: This is the foundation of our worship:
- John 4:24 For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth (NLT). This passage describes how we should approach worship.
- The Psalms show example after example of praise to God. Worship is much more than catchy music and clever words. Worship is an attitude, a mindset, a lifestyle as exhibited by the Psalmists.
- True worship of God demands total focus and complete surrender of our lives. The result is an amazing intimacy, a deepening relationship with God expressed in music and words that lead the Church into His presence.
- Our worship is based on these principles. Paul exhorts the church in Eph 5:19-20 to ” 19 singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. 20 And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (NLT).
Time: Sunday Mornings at 10:15am
We are a church that shines on the youth, illuminating their calling, gifting, and destiny.
We raise children who know the Lord and make Him known.
We pioneer a prophetic culture in our children, celebrating their expression, coaching their revelation,
and encouraging their participation in our services.
We train our youth to be ambassadors for Christ and use their gifts for Kingdom expansion.
We will join with other youth groups and see the youth of Kenosha transformed.
The Children’s Ministry Team is dedicated to the mission to train the next generation to hear God’s voice and obey. All child-care workers are screened by “Protect My Ministry” background checks and participate in “Protect My Ministry” training.
- Children 0 – 3 years – Children must be signed in and out by parent. This age is dismissed after worship.
Place: Nursery (Located by our Sanctuary)